Okay, here’s the low-downfor if you haven’t ever been to one of our launches before:
- Have a bath. Preferably with a bath bomb, salts, or bubbles. And a cat, you have permission to borrow your neighbour’s if you are lacking a cat.
- Read a book of poetry. A whole book. Preferably from a local-ish poet. (Image below is to help visualize steps 1 & 2. Poem courtesy of Robert Kroetsch’s collection “Too Bad: Sketches Toward a Self-Portrait”)
- Drink half a bottle of wine (or a full bottle–we won’t judge)
- Realise you’re late for the launch
- Throw on whatever clothes you have closest to you
- Forget to dry your hair
- Come down to Shelf Life Books
Alternatively, if you are just getting off of work (or hate baths, cats, and poetry–wait, are you a real person?) you can just swing by Shelf Life Books at 7pm to hear some awesome readers featured in Issue 21 and/or on this blog!